The Parish Council was created in 1894, and is the closest form of local government.
Originally, Chipperfield was part of the Parish Council’s administration, but now the borders are (roughly): the Grand Union Canal to the east, Whippendell Bottom to the west, Moore’s Motors to the north and the M25 to the south.
Hertfordshire County Council and Dacorum Borough Council provide the main local government services, but the Parish Council provides the extras, which help make Kings Langley a special place to live, work and to visit.
The Council is elected once every four years. There are 10 councillors representing 3 “wards”: North (2 councillors), Central (2) and South (6), and their details can be found elsewhere on this website.
The Council’s current chairman is Howard Button, and the vice-chairman, Gerry Angiolini. Gerry is the chairman of the Planning & Licensing Committee; Rene De Silva is vice-chairman. The other (standing) members of the committee are: Alan Anderson, Howard Button, Alan Johnson, Bob McLean and Mark Rogers. Derek Collins, John Morrish and Ian Sinclair are reserve members. These positions are reviewed at the Council’s annual meeting (normally in May).
The Council employs 3 staff:
Clerk to the Council (part-time)
Administrative Assistant (part-time)
Village Warden (full-time).
Meetings – The council meets on the first Tuesday of each month (and will include any urgent Planning & Licensing matters), and the Planning & Licensing Committee meets on the third & fifth (if needed) Tuesdays of each month. All meetings start at 7:30pm, unless stated otherwise on the notice / agenda.
Each meeting allows an opportunity for you to ask questions / raise any specific issues.
The meeting hall can be hired at other days / times – please contact the office for availability.
Dog poop bags – the Council provides these free of charge to dog walkers in the parish.